17 Dec Give Yourself a Break This Winter—Get Away From Dryness With a Humidifier
It’s not as nice as a sandy beach or sailing into the sunset, but your home can be a welcome escape from harsh winter air. Take a vacation from itching and irritation with a little help and a humidifier from the NATE-certified technicians at Cliff Bergin & Associates. When you add a Carrier® humidifier to your high-efficiency furnace, you create an environment where the air is warm, moist, and gentler on your skin—with some added bonuses that can help you save money in the long run for a real vacation.
Hello Humidifier, Farewell Dry Air
Ideal indoor air isn’t exactly tropical, but it does have humidity levels between 40 to 60 percent. And that’s what you’ll get with a whole-home humidifier. These units counter the drying effect your furnace has on air and the dry coughing, itchy skin, chapped lips, and sinus pain that comes with it. And as hard as dry air is on you, it can be equally damaging to to your home. Here’s an itinerary of benefits you can expect when you install a whole home humidifier.
- Fewer colds—cold and flu germs can’t survive long in humid conditions so adding moisture to your air keeps them from traveling from one person to another. Also, by keeping your throat, sinuses, and nasal passages from becoming dry and irritated, a humidifier gives your respiratory system a boost.
- Allergy relief—in a dry home, you’ll have more dust that’s stirred up with every move, and that can aggravate allergies and asthma.
- Healthier skin—adding moisture to the air hydrates skin for a smoother, younger appearance. You’ll also feel better with less itching, relief for chapped lips, and an end to that tight, uncomfortable feeling.
- Better sleep—wake up rested, instead of with a sore throat and dry cough, when you up your humidity level.
- Help with heating—moist air retains heat better than dry air, so you can turn your thermostat down a few degrees to save without sacrificing comfort.
- Help for your home—when you consider how expensive it is to repair or replace wood floors and furnishings that have cracked and splintered in dry conditions, the cost of a humidifier is money well spent.
Take a Vacation From Winter Worries With Our Home Comfort Services
Winters in Wisconsin bring a whole host of challenges, but homeowners like you can count on us for solutions. Cliff Bergin has expert heating, cooling, air quality, and plumbing services that can make your home your favorite destination. Call us today for an appointment—262-242-2456—we’ve got your ticket to comfort!