Defend Your Home and Health With a Dehumidifier
High humidity is no friend to people with allergies or asthma, nor does it do any favors for the overall comfort and air quality in your home. Take control with a whole-home dehumidifier that eliminates excess moisture from your air, and breathe easier knowing you’re eliminating a number of potential problems. From reducing respiratory ailments and that chilly, damp feeling to preventing the growth of unhealthy mold and mildew, a high-capacity dehumidifier installation from Cliff Bergin & Associates is your best defense.
A healthy home environment is one with relative humidity in the 40 to 60 percent range. When levels rise above this—as is often the case in poorly ventilated basements or crawlspaces—musty odors and bacteria thrive. When you consider that as much as 50 percent of the air in your home comes from your lower level, it’s easy to understand why you should address poor air quality from the ground up.
Benefits of Investing in a Whole-Home Dehumidifier
A whole-home dehumidifier is the answer to more comfortable air. When you buy a dehumidification system, expect these benefits:
- Savings—whole-home units are more energy-efficient than portable electric ones.
- Comfort—with lower humidity in summer, you can set your thermostat a little higher and still feel comfortable.
- Protection—prevent respiratory illnesses and avoid costly home repairs (like warped wood floors and furniture) when you manage humidity levels.
- Cool results—unlike portable units that work best in warm conditions, a whole-home unit is designed to effectively remove moisture, even in cool areas like basements.
- Safety—our household dehumidifiers have not been found to present fire and safety risks like many recalled electric units.
When you add it all up, and factor in the simple value of feeling comfortable in your own home, investing in a dehumidifier is money well spent.
More Ways to Help Homeowners
For help with all your home comfort needs, or for plumbing or kitchen and bathroom remodeling, turn to the experts at Cliff Bergin. Our service area includes Mequon, Milwaukee’s north suburbs, and more, and we’ve got certified technicians ready to help with all your heating, cooling, air quality, and plumbing needs.