- Lower heat when no one is home. Consider investing in a programmable thermostat to automatically lower the temperature while you are away or sleeping.
- Perform annual maintenance on your heating and cooling equipment to keep it operating at peak efficiency and minimize costly repairs (look for coupons in our newsletter and here).
- Check ductwork for air leaks.
- Make sure air is circulating properly. Keep furniture and drapes away from obstructing registers and heat vents.
- Keep your furnace filter clean. A dirty or clogged filter can shut down the system.
- Seasonally, clear leaves & snow away from outside vent pipes.